The Casa Maria Natural Stone Double Sided Mortar and Pestle from Costco lasts for years and develops a dark patina over time. This molcajete is double sided so the bigger side can be used to prepare dishes like guacamole, salsa, pico de gallo, mole and pesto, while the smaller side can be used to blend herbs and spices.
The Casa Maria 8.5″ Natural Stone Double Sided Mortar and Pestle is available at select Costco locations for $19.99, while supplies last. Item #1103100.
I spotted this item at the Shoreline, Washington Costco but it may not be available at all Costco locations. Prices may vary by location. When in doubt, call your local Costco before you go.
- Costco Unadvertised Sales! DECEMBER 2023
- Bestway SaluSpa Coronado Inflatable Spa – Costco Sale!
- Cyber Monday Deals at Costco.com!
- Swedish Dish Cloths at Costco!
- NEW Kirkland Signature Croissant Breakfast Sandwich at Costco!
Mortar and Pestle Features
- Rough stone texture is ideal for grinding and mixing food
- Releases the food’s natural flavors and aromas
- Looks and performs better with age
- Hand ground
- [Food and accessories NOT included]
- Wash before 1st use with warm water until water runs clear.
- Never use detergents, soaps or other cleansers to clean it because of the porous nature of the stone.
- Preseason before 1st use: Grind white rice into a fine powder in the mortar, making sure to use the entire surface. This may need to be done several times until clean.
- To wash, use warm water and vigorously scrub clean with rice.
- Allow to thoroughly dry before storing it away.
Visit frugalhotspot.com to see what’s new and to check out deals from Costco.
Other options may be available at costco.com for a delivered price, while supplies last.
PREVIOUS MODEL Costco Item #668787: