I love how American Express promotes small businesses every year with their Shop Small promotion. American Express Card Members can register to get up to $10 back (up to 3 times) when they Shop Small on Small Business Saturday, November 29, 2014. Registration is limited. What a great opportunity to support your local businesses!
Now for the fine print:
1. Registration may be performed via any of the following ways:
A. By completing the registration form accessible via ShopSmall.com
B. By logging in to your account at americanexpress.com and clicking on the ‘Amex Offers’ tab or ‘Small Business Saturday’ offer tile in ‘Amex Offers & Benefits’
C. By logging into the American Express App and visiting the ‘Offers For You’ tab in the ‘Membership’ section
D. By adding the offer directly to your connected Card via amex.co/facebook
E. By tweeting #AmexShopSmall to add the offer directly to your connected Card
2. The number of registrations is limited. Registration opens at 12:00 A.M. MST (“Mountain Standard Time”) on Nov 16, 2014 and will continue until 11:59 P.M. MST on Nov 29, 2014, unless the registration limit is reached sooner.
3. To receive the $10 statement credit, the Card Member must use his or her registered Card to spend $10 or more in a single, in-store transaction at a qualifying small business location on Saturday, Nov 29, 2014. For example, if your transaction is only for $5, you will not receive a credit. Multiple transactions of less than $10 will not qualify even if the combined total of those transactions is over $10. You may purchase multiple items that together equal $10 or more, but you must purchase them in a single transaction to receive the statement credit. Online transactions do not qualify.
4. Qualifying small business locations appear on the Shop Small Map available at ShopSmall.com. Please note that the businesses listed on the Shop Small Map may change. In addition, business location and other information provided on the Shop Small Map may contain inaccuracies or errors, including as a result of information provided by third parties.
Transactions with political campaigns or political action committees as well as purchases at gas or service stations do not qualify for the statement credit, regardless of whether they appear on the Shop Small Map.
5. If American Express does not receive information that identifies a transaction as having occurred in-store at a
qualifying small business location on Nov 29, 2014, the transaction will not qualify for the statement credit. For example,
your transaction will not qualify if it is not made directly with the merchant. In addition, in most cases, you will not
receive the statement credit if your transaction is made with an electronic wallet or through a third party or if the
merchant uses a mobile or wireless card reader to process it.
6. The statement credit will appear on your billing statement within 90 days after Nov 29, 2014, provided that American
Express receives information from the merchant about your qualifying purchase as described above. Note that American
Express may not receive information that identifies your transaction as a qualifying transaction if the items from your
purchase are not all provided to you on Nov 29, 2014. For example, if you purchase an item that is not available until
after Nov 29, 2014, that item will not count towards determining whether your transaction qualifies for the offer.
7. The statement credit may be reversed if the qualifying purchase is returned or cancelled.
This is just a posting of a deal and not an endorsement or recommendation of any product, store or credit card company. Please do your own research before making any purchase.
Thanks for supporting my blog!