Interested in setting up a nursery for native bees? Costco has the Bambeco Swiss Alps Bee House in some stores for a limited time. It’s priced at $13.69. While supplies last. Price and participation may vary by location.
About 30% of the human food supply and 90% of wild plants depend on pollination from bees, the majority of which are native bees. Native bees do not produce honey or beeswax. Their sole focus is pollination and they are not aggressive.
This bee house is hand-crafted from 100% solid pine wood and bamboo, and sealed with a nontoxic, water-based finish. Once a female bee establishes her home in this house, she will lay her eggs, fill the tubes with nourishment and seal off the entrance so her young can safely grow.
• Pollinate your garden, by attracting the most prolific super pollinators
• Native Bees out pollinate honey bees 80 to 1
• Provide shelter for next season’s offspring
• “Save The Bees” because of loss habitat, native bees are declining in numbers
Dimensions: 13.5in W x 5.5in D x 16in H (34.29 x 13.97 x 40.64 cm)
Weight: 6 lbs.
• Place in garden or hang 5ft – 7ft high on a wall or fence that gets morning sunlight, under an overhang if possible
• Plant native plants and flowers nearby to draw these super-pollinating bees to your bee house so there’s a food source for the young
• Create a moist patch of soil near the bee house so bees have mud to protect their young
• In Autumn, store bee house (with cocooned larvae inside) in an outdoor shed or covered location for winter. Do not store inside your house!
• In early Spring, return house to original location
Manufacturer Contact Info:
5915 Midlothian Turnpike
Richmond, VA 23225
Item #1132598. This product was spotted at the Covington, WA location. Price and participation may vary so it may not be available at your local Costco or it may not be on sale at your local Costco or it may be a different price at your local Costco. Prices & sales dates may change at any time without notice. Photos may not be a perfect representation of the product.
This is just a posting of a deal and not an endorsement or recommendation of any product or of Costco. Please do your own research before making any purchase.
Thanks for supporting my blog!