The HO Sports Beacon Inflatable Kayak from Costco is great for a water adventure, fitness or fishing. This lightweight, easy to use, inflatable kayak has three inflation chambers to make inflation and deflation simple, while the RIGID Drop-Stitch floor won’t bend like other inflatable kayaks. The Beacon comes with an adjustable 4-piece paddle, ergonomic high-back seat, built-in fishing rod holder, dual-action hand pump and a backpack big enough to fit it all inside!
Costco’s Price and Sale Dates
The HO Sports Beacon Inflatable Kayak is on sale at select Costco locations for $349.99, now through May 22, 2022. That is $150 off Costco’s regular price of $499.99. Item #1356914. While supplies last.
I spotted this item at the Covington, Washington Costco but it may not be available or may not be on sale at all Costco locations. Prices may vary by location. When in doubt, call your local Costco before you go.
Inflatable Kayak Features
- Rigid drop-stitch floor
- Durable nylon cover
- Welded tarpaulin base
- Easy to inflate and deflate with 3 easy to fill / empty chambers
- Paddle holders (2) – one on each side of the kayak
- Bungee storage zones on front and back
- Front skeg for tracking assistance
- Open top design
- Reinforced bow and stern
- Weight capacity is up to 450 lbs
- Adjustable, ergonomic high-back seat with storage pocket and fishing rod holders
- 2-Way inflation valve
- Includes dual-action hand pump for quick inflation
- Removable tool-less fin
- Heavy-duty backpack for storing items (Travel weight of about 30 pounds when packed up)
- Tie down loops
- PVC bladder
- Heavy-duty nylon cover
- Dimensions – 13′ L x 36″ W
How to inflate your kayak
- Lay the Beacon on a flat, level surface. Avoid hazards that could damage your kayak or injure you
- Partially inflate the side pontoons of the kayak using the hand pump
- Make sure you are using the correct adaptor and that the base of the valve is threaded tightly into place
- Inflate side pontoons to approximately 50% – they should start to hold their shape, but still be limp
- After side pontoons are partially filled, adjust the floor bladder to ensure it is centered inside the cover
- This step is very important and will ensure the floor is in the proper position after inflation
- Inflate the floor using the hand pump
- Insert the hose into the valve (make sure the valve is in in the UP position) and turn the hose clockwise until it locks into place
- Inflate the floor and use the PSI gauge to confirm the floor is pumped up to 8-10 PSI
- Once you have reached the desired PSI, twist the hose counter-clockwise to release and replace the valve cap
- Finish inflation by filling the pontoons
- Inflate until they are firm to the touch
- It is better to have them be more firm that not have enough air
How to attach the kayak fin
- Put lever lock into the unlocked position. Insert fin pegs into the opening at the front of the fin box. Press down firmly to ensure pegs are secure.
- With pegs securely in place, push the fin forward until it connects with the front of the fin box. You may need to adjust the lever lock slightly to make room for the fin.
- With pegs secure, firmly press the back of the fin into place.
- With fin securely in place, press the lock until it clicks into place. Always double check your fin to make sure it is secure before use.
- Inflatable kayak
- Center Fin
- Repair Kit
Visit frugalhotspot.com to see what’s new and to check out deals from Costco.
Other options may be available at costco.com for a delivered price, while supplies last.