These Tramontina heavy cast iron skillets from Costco are durable and versatile for stove top, oven, and outdoor use. The set includes one 10-inch skillet and one 12-inch skillet.
Costco has the Tramontina Pre-Seasoned Cast Iron Skillets on sale for $23.99 (after instant savings), now through June 6, 2021. That is $6 off Costco’s regular price of $29.99. It may also be available at costco.com. While supplies last. Item #1136435.
I spotted this item at the Covington, Washington Costco but it may be not available or may not be on sale at all Costco locations. Prices may vary by location. When in doubt, call your local Costco before you go.
Cast Iron Skillet Features:
- Hand wash only and always dry thoroughly
- Removable silicone grip
- Oven safe to 500°F (260°C) WITHOUT silicone grips
- Oven safe to 450°F (232°C) with silicone grips (silicone grips will be hot to touch)
- Use silicone, nylon, bamboo, or wood utensils (metal utensils can be used once the skillets are well seasoned after many uses)
- ALWAYS use protective oven mitts when handling HOT skillets
How to use a cast iron skillet:
- Before using your skillets for the 1st time, hand-wash with hot water. Using soap may remove the pre-seasoning. Dry immediately and thoroughly to prevent rust.
- While skillets are pre-seasoned, you may apply a light coating of cooking oil inside the skillets before each use.
- Cook with low to medium heat only.
- If using on a ceramic glass cooktop, always lift (do NOT slide) when moving to avoid scratching the cooktop.
- Do NOT use silicone grips under an oven broiler unit
- Always use oven mitts when handling hot skillets
- Let skillets cool before washing.
How to re-season a cast iron skillet:
- Apply a high smoke point cooking oil over the entire surface, then heat in the oven for an hour at 350°F (176°C).
- To catch excess oil, place a baking sheet on the oven rack below the skillets.
- The skillets are ready to use once cooled.
- You may wipe off any excess oil remaining on the skillets.
- Hand wash only – do NOT clean in the dishwasher.
- If necessary, you may use mild, soapy water if you thoroughly dry and oil your pans immediately after washing.
- Metal scouring pads will remove seasoning.
- To maintain seasoning, lightly rub cooking oil over the entire skillet after drying thoroughly.
- Avoid using acidic foods, such as tomatoes, in the skillets as this may damage the seasoning and give the food a metallic taste (However, after a few uses and consistent seasoning, you may safely cook acidic foods in the skillets)
- Thoroughly dry the silicone grip before replacing on skillet handle to prevent rust
Kitchen Item #1136435. This product was spotted at the Covington, WA location. Price and participation may vary so it may not be available at your local Costco or it may not be on sale at your local Costco or it may be a different price at your local Costco. Prices & sales dates may change at any time without notice. Photos may not be a perfect representation of the product.
This is just a posting of a deal and not an endorsement or recommendation of any product or of Costco. Please do your own research before making any purchase.
Thanks for visiting my blog!