3/10/22. © Frugal Hotspot
The Yardistry Cedar Poly Greenhouse from Costco is a ready-to-assemble kit that comes with all the wood pre-cut, pre-drilled, and pre-stained and includes all hardware and metal components. This is designed to be surface mounted so you’ll need to have a suitable base with anchoring hardware (not included). The interior has 6′ sidewalls along with 16″ wide lower shelves and 8″ wide upper shelves that run along 2 sides of the interior. It has a cedar door with door latch and a roof vent to maintain temperature and humidity. This Yardistry greenhouse is complete with double-wall polycarbonate windows that have UV properties and resist fading.
NOTE: Prior to purchase, check with your local municipality for setback requirements and regulations that are necessary to build a 7′ 10.4″ L x 6′ 8.7″ W x 7′ 9″ H structure on your property.
The Yardistry Cedar Poly Greenhouse is back this year at select Costco locations for the new higher price of $1,389.99, while supplies last. Prices and inventory may vary by location and may change at any time without notice. To see if your local Costco carries this item, give them a call and ask about Item #1902493.
- Ready to assemble kit with all wood pre-cut, pre-drilled, and pre-stained and includes all hardware and metal components
- 100% FSC certified cedar lumber wood finished in a Mocha brown stain color.
- Double-wall polycarbonate windows are strong and durable and provide better insulation over single-wall polycarbonate plus have UV properties and resist fading.
- Tongue and groove style 32” high cedar base walls allow for storage of gardening tools that are out of sight from the exterior.
- Roof vent maintains temperature and humidity.
- Base wall vent for optimum air intake and plant health
- Cedar door includes door latch and closer with quick-hold feature to keep door open.
- 16” wide lower shelf and 8” wide upper shelf surrounding 2 sides of the interior.
- Light transmission percentage is 84%
- Step by step illustrated instructions are included
- Assembly required
- Overall Dimensions: 7’ 10.4” L x 6’ 8.7” W x 7’ 9” H
- Base Dimensions (outside to outside of posts): 7’ 7.5” L x 6’ 3” W
- Door Dimensions (inside to inside of posts): 76.5” H x 26.75” W
- Box 1: 89 1/2″ L x 37 5/8″ W x 8 1/2″ H = approx 215 lbs
- Box 2: 89 1/2″ L x 37 5/8″ W x 6 1/8″ H= approx 215 lbs
- Model MFG# YP12843
Photos may not be a perfect representation of the product, especially the color and shading.
Preparing For Installation
There are a few things you can do to help make the assembly process easier, prior to installing your greenhouse.
- Plan and Prepare Your Location
This greenhouse is designed to be surface mounted. Prepare the installation base and purchase the appropriate anchoring hardware.
- Review the Instruction Manual
Read through the step-by-step illustrated instruction manual prior to installation.
- Complete your Inventory
To minimize installation time, complete your inventory prior to assembly. Use the stamped codes and parts ID pages in your instruction manual to organize and sort the parts. If you are planning on hiring an installer to build your greenhouse, doing an inventory before they arrive will help eliminate any delays. If you find that you need anything be sure to contact Yardistry and complete a parts replacement form.
TIP: The manufacturer recommends applying a water sealant (such as Thompson Water Sealant) approximately 3 months after assembly, and on a yearly basis after that. This will help maintain the wood and protect against weathering. Please do NOT use an oil based product.
Visit frugalhotspot.com to see what’s new and to check out deals from Costco. Other options may be available at costco.com for a delivered price, while supplies last.